Correspondence to Zachary Mulkey MD, Department of Internal Medicine, TTUHSC, Lubbock, TX.
Email: zachary.mulkey @ttuhsc.edu
- Routine monitoring of tube feeding and gastric residual volumes may not reduce the patient’s chances of developing pneumonia.
http://www.medpagetoday.com/CriticalCare/Pneumonia/36859 PMID: 23321763
- The definition of early goal-directed resuscitative therapy may need to be even earlier than is currently practiced.
- A new norovirus strain is affecting the United States. Although it is early in the season here, the strain has caused hundreds of outbreaks in other countries.
- From the same study come two new thoughts: lowering BP during ICH doesn’t reduce the size of the bleed, but it didn’t cause harm either, even with rapid lowering.
- The FDA is requiring the dose of zolpidem be lowered in women and that clinicians should consider a lower dose for men.
- There are currently no refbacks.